Your participation is very important to us! Participation in research is voluntary and free of charge.
You may qualify for participation in one of our research studies if:
- You have difficulty with communication (speaking, understanding speech, reading, writing) caused by a stroke or by neurodegenerative disease, OR
- You are a healthy individual over the age of 40 with no neurological or psychiatric diagnoses.
Participation in research involves the following:
- An initial evaluation of speech, language, and cognition.
- If you are deemed eligible, additional sessions may be scheduled for speech-language treatment.
- You may also be scheduled for a brain imaging session (MRI scan).
If you are a potential participant interested in getting involved in the lab’s research projects, please click here to fill out an initial screening form. You can also call or email us!
Lab Phone: 512-471-3420