This internship is a key component of the Deaf Education / Deaf Studies major, and is also recommended for SLP and Audiology majors who are interested in working with deaf and hard-of-hearing children. Students get to:
- improve ASL fluency,
- learn a tremendous amount about children with hearing impairments,
- receive a great foundational experience, and
- obtain practical experience for your resume and your graduate school application.
- work 12-15 hours per week with teachers and students at the Texas School for the Deaf;
- spend 7 weeks in one class, take spring break, then return to a different class for 7 weeks;
- obtain hands-on experience;
- take a weekly course in deaf education practice offered by master teachers and curriculum specialists at TSD; and
- have the opportunity to observe and participate in other aspects of the education experience.
- The Deaf Education Internship experience will now be offered under CSD 331E and CSD 364.
- CSD 331E INSTR METHODS FOR DEAF STUDENTS
- CSD 364 DEAF EDUCATION INTERNSHIP
- at least the third level ASL,
- at least 72 credit hours,
- CSD 308K, and
- be enrolled in or have completed CSD 360M.
Another Internship Opportunity
The pre-graduate school Intellectual Entrepreneurship Program connects students with faculty and veteran graduate students in their fields of study, giving undergraduates the chance to explore unique aspects of graduate study.